Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas Wish




Last Friday, our neighbor's little 22-month old boy passed away unexpectedly. I have been so overwhelmed with such sadness for their family - they also lost their young grandpa to leukemia right before Thanksgiving. I cannot even imagine losing a child, let alone a few days before Christmas. I honestly cannot quit thinking of them.
So yesterday, I was running around trying to get a few last minute things done. I had made a batch of fudge and accidentally added milk chocolate chips, so I hurried to make another batch. I had the new fudge poured into the little tins for my neighbors and I left it on the table to cool. I was busy doing other things, and I walked into the kitchen just in time to find Neeley poking holes into the fudge with a pen cap and then licking it off. I was fuming. But instead of being mad at the little stinker, I just had to hug her and laugh because today another mom didn't have her baby to be mad at.
This Christmas I am going to hold my babies tight and enjoy every second. I'm not going to worry about the little messes or stress out that I didn't take my neighbors fudge. I'm going to let Neeley eat the candy out of her stocking before breakfast tomorrow, and if she wants to only open one present and play with it all day, I'm going to let her. I'm going to hold Brylen all day long, even while she sleeps, and not worry that I'm spoiling her. I know that I never get even one second back... my babies will never be this small again. I'm so thankful for these precious lives that Heavenly Father has placed in our tender care. They are certainly a handful at times, but they bring so much love, happiness and joy!
So my wish for everyone this Christmas is to enjoy every moment with your loved ones! Be thankful for your kids' messes, whining and tantrums, but especially their hugs and kisses. I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas!

3 pennies for your thoughts:

Granny Annie said...

Your email made me sob....it is almost midnight, Christmas is almost here.
You are so right! That dear mother who lost her baby...I know the terrible pain she is feeling and it never goes away. You just think you will ever be able to live without them. Life is never the same when you lose a child. It still just kills me to think of my two children who has left me so soon. And my grandson. I remember all the wonderful Christmas's and every precious moment with them. I feel them close sometimes. Christmas was their favorite time. These are the things that make it bearable. We shouldn't sweat the small stuff....it doesn't matter.
We just need to enjoy every moment we can be with our loved ones.
The one thing that helps me is to have a testimony of the hereafter and that one day we can be with our loved ones who left us early. I can be with my mom and dad and my family.....if I truly try my hardest to live the commandments.
Merry Christmas! And love those beautiful little darlings. You will have so much fun, and so will they.
Love you All
Gram

Nat Lud said...

Wow. That is just heartbreaking! My heart goes out to that family. What a great reminder to savor every moment. Merry Christmas!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I LOVED this blog. There is never enough snuggles with my little guys. Give those gorgeous girls a kiss for me. We love you guys!