Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Mondays and Tuesdays are full, but I've got an opening on Wednesday.


Being a stay at home mom comes with a few perks, besides the obvious 'I get to stay home and take care of my two beautiful daughters' reason. You can stay in your pajamas until noon (or 1:00 or 2:00 or 3:00 pm), you don't have to wear makeup everyday if you don't want, it's an 'all-you-can-eat buffet' of mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets, and fruit snacks, and you can search the dish network program guide all day long and set all your favorite programs to record.
Yep, I'll admit that I'm turning into a TV junkie. When I was still getting up with Brylen in the middle of the night, I could watch bits and pieces of the shows on my DVR. Now that the little sweetie sleeps all night, I have to try to watch all of my programs during the day. That's not working out so hot since my TV is either permanently set to the Disney Channel or Noggin.

My Monday's are pretty full; 'Bromance', 'The City', and 'Daddy's Girls' on MTV. And my ultimate fave show, 'Medium' will be back in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure how it's going to fit into my DVR schedule, but I'm sure I'll make it work.

Then on Tuesdays I've already had a few conflicts; 'The Biggest Loser', 'American Idol', and 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' (gotta love those fake, gold-digging B's). Oh, such a hard life, I know.

Other than that, the rest of my week is pretty open. And Brian thinks that I play on the computer all day...

8 pennies for your thoughts:

Grandma 'D' said...

Wow, you are also a bloggin fool. I am impressed. Doesn't it make you wonder what all those moms did with out T.V. back in the day. I is a life saver....for you and the kids. Well, if Wednesdays are free, you just as well come home for a few days. How is the job going for Brian....Milford Yet?

Crystal said...

It's a hard knock life. I have to admit that I LOVE "Days of our Lives". I used to make fun of Rachel for watching it so shhhhhh....don't tell her!

Nat Lud said...

Love it. It is quite a chore finding time to watch all the good stuff! I still have a grey's from a week ago waiting for me! What the crap!

Rachel said...

Are you looking for a Wednesday filler? The new season of Lost started today! We're Lost junkies.

Steph said...

Wednesdays...Hello Real World. The LDS kid is honestly the most hilarious, cutest Emo kid I've ever seen. Anywho is that why we can't ever get you up her, you are to busy programming you dvr schedule.

Katie said...

Wow Melissa. Thanks for making me feel so much better about myself for being a tv junkie. Sweet.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I love pj days til noon, and my guilty TV pleasure is Cold Case on Sundays or One Tree Hill on Mondays. Usually I'm outvoted by the boys, but that's what DVR is for ;)

Granny Annie said...

Well, this is coming from a granny who never watched T.V. until I retired at 61...what a miracle ...what would I do without "Guiding Light" at 1:00 weekdays and QVC (well I could save a little money without that one) and isn't recording wonderful! Grandpa Swede hates my shows..so I watch when he goes to bed at 7:00 at night....American Idol, Dr Phil, movies on Lifetime and E.R. Home makeovers and what not to wear. It makes you feel like you are still in touch with the outside world. I save Sunday for KBYU..I do keep the sabbath holy and watch it before going to church and after. Love staying in my P.J.s all day too. That was really a new one for me.