Monday, January 12, 2009

A little ray of sunshine ...

I love pictures... especially if they make my heart happy. I had to share these ones. I just can't help but smile.


Oh, sweet Brylen Jean! (Neeley NEVER calls her just 'Brylen. It's ALWAYS 'Brylen Jean.) She still just eats, poops, sleeps and smiles. She's only 2 1/2 months old, and for the last two nights she has slept for nine hours straight (don't be a hater)! Couldn't you just kiss her cheeks off? And her sweet baby breath smells like heaven! (*SIGH*)




And then there's the artist, Neeley Ann. The other night I was a little too sucked into TV. She kept saying, "Mom... Mom... Mommy.. Yook (look) Mom... Mommy... I drew a duck." I finally looked over and she had really drawn a duck. I had to hurry and grab my camera so that I could get a picture. I wish she would draw on paper so that I could save her 'masterpieces'.

First of all, I know what you are all thinking. Yes ... Neeley is 2 1/2 years old AND YES... I still put her in the high chair to eat most of the time. It's so much cleaner and she can't escape. I know... I know... I'll make her sit in her booster soon enough. But it still melts my heart when she falls asleep in her high chair. The little tornado looks so peaceful.

6 pennies for your thoughts:

Crystal said...

Oh sweet Brylen Jean is right. She's beautiful & as for Neeley, she could be the next Picasso, minus all the infedelity, but you get the point. Give 'em a both a squeeze from me & hopefully we'll see ya soon enough.

Rachel said...

Ohhhh, they just both melt my heart, too! What sweet little beautiful girls. But I am a hater--Luke got up every hour last night!! As for Miss Neeley, I absolutely love her duck. I think we're going to say this a lot, but what a smartie pants.

Granny Annie said...

That baby Brylen is just such a little sweetie, you could just squeeze her to pieces! And for little Neeley, she just amazes me! So smart!
Love ya!
Gram

Grandma 'D' said...

I may be just a little prejudice, but they are priceless..Brylen's eyes are always smiling. I Neeley's Pic too. What a good mom you are, to teach her. And I am all for the high chair.
Luv ya!!!

Steph said...

You know you really are lucky. Neeley might be a sass everyonce in awhile but at least she isnt a dare-devil. If i put gauge in a high chair for more then a sec he'd find his way out and be flying through the air. And he's a sass on top of it. You girls are so beautiful and Neeley is the best little artist. She Drew the best portrait of uncle Russell the other day but it also was on the magna doodle and so we could save it to show you.

Nat Lud said...

So cute! I think Brylen looks like you, Meliss! And nothing is cuter than a child asleep--especially when it's in an odd place!