Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthdays and Bowling

Last night was our nephew Jacob's 5th Birthday Party at the bowling alley. This was Neeley's first time bowling, and she was hilarious. She would roll the ball so slow that it would take FOREVER to make it to the end of the lane. Sometimes it was so slow that it would hit a pin, the pin would wobble a little bit, but it wouldn't fall over. If she actually knocked some pins down, she would do the longest, funniest victory dance. It involved jumping, woo-hoo-ing, and a lot of booty shakin'!




And here's what happens when you don't want to wait your turn and you have a mean mom that won't let you knock all the older boys out of the way to budge to the front of the line:

I felt bad for about half a second. Then I realized I was missing out on a great photo-op and starting snapping pictures. Like I said, I'm such a mean mom.



Here's the Birthday Boy making a wish and blowing out the candles.

I distracted Grandma Annie by taking a picture of her perfect technique. Hey... I'll do whatever it takes when I'm losing. (yes, I really was the loser!)

The crazy party gang

Happy Birthday Jacob!

5 pennies for your thoughts:

Nat Lud said...

How cute is she! It totally sucks sometimes to be the mean mom but somebody has to do it! Looks like a fun night!

Rachel said...

What a fun birthday. Neeley is such a little doll, & I especially love her pouty face. And all the kids lined up in their little bowling shoes--too cute.

Granny Annie said...

What a fun Birthday Party! Neeley was having a great time! Goodness, patience is one of the hardest lessons to learn....I remember everyone telling me when I was a little girl (was I ever that little?) WAIT....WAIT....WAIT!!!
Always thought waiting was a waste of fun and time! But, we all have to learn it huh? What precious little faces!
Love the pictures of all the cute kids! and bowling is so much fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JACOB!

Grandma 'D' said...

O.K..... too cute! She is having so much fun, and what an attitude. I also love the pouting! Remember when I wished a little girl on you that would act just like you did when you were little? Well.......? Luv ya

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Miss Neeley needs to stay w/ Aunt Nettie for a week...I would never make her wait her turn...he, he, he. Sometimes, though, she reminds me so much of Jase, especially with her little dance move after she bowled. Fun times!