Friday, August 15, 2008

REMEMBER WHEN...

Anyone who wants to play...This is Fun!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember--it can be funny, weird, awkward, random, etc.!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you

14 pennies for your thoughts:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Wow! I have been waiting for you to post the memory game. My mind has been whirling w/ memories about my big sis. But I don't want to leave a sucky one, so I'm going to think on this a while :)

Steph said...

Melissa I remember Meeting you for the first time at applebees and being so nervous because everyone told me that you were the scary sister. I was so nervous and suddenly very imbarressed that I was wearing a halter top. I almost broke down and cried cause i couldn't go home and change.

Melissa said...

I am pretty scarey! And I cannot believe you . . . . a haltertop????
Goofy girl - I don't even remember what you were wearing! AND BTW LYNETTE . . . Why aren't you playing the game? Too bad I don't know your password!

Granny Annie said...

Well Melissa, I can remember so many things about you!...back when you were little Aunt Laurie and I would take you riding in my new car. You would sit on the console between the front seats, we opened the sun roof and you would lead the music, waving your hand and sing to the top of your voice! Yes, your little Neeley has alot of your traits!
You had the cutest little curly head and you loved Grandma Ann and I loved you!
And I have to mention that you helped me so much in Winnemucca and we loved having you live with us during that time.
Love and miss you!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Steph, I about laughed myself out my chair when I read your comment. Melissa's bark is bigger than her bite. She's about as soft as a girl can get :)

Crystal said...

So many memories, not enough space to type them! What about when you came home and I was all ready to go cheer at a football game & I was wearing your hair scrunchy. We somehow ended up in a full on wrestling match after you ripped it from my head. We did eventually become best friends though. I will never forget the summer of The Violent Fems & Amanda Marshall!!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Speaking of ripping things off Crystal's head, remember when I was wearing your levi skirt in church.  I think I told you to get my clip out of your hair, and you told me to take my skirt off.  We were on the front bench in sacrament, and you just ripped the skirt off of me.  It had buttons from top to bottom, and there I sat in my underwear :)  Fun times, those Milford church days!  As sisters we always had 4 different wardrobes...the trick was sneaking out of the house w/out your sister catching you.

Melissa said...

Lynette, Lynette, Lynette . . . you are SOOOOOOOOOO overly dramatic! I never ripped a skirt off of you in church, but that would have been funny. I did rip that same skirt off of you in the hallway at mom's BEFORE church - nice try!

Grandma 'D' said...

Melissa, that is exactly how I remembered it. I had to get in between you before you killed each other. I can see this game is going to get dirty. Remember girls, families can be together forever, Love at Home and all that good stuff. Luv ya, Mom!!!

Crystal said...

FYI - Melissa & Mom, there were two seperate occasions of the "skirt-ripping" incident.

#1 - At home, in the hallway, girls in dresses brawling

#2 - in church, front row, poor exposed Lynette

Granny Annie said...

Can't help but comment on this one again! I am laughing so hard! I can believe it! because I had three teenage girls (namely..DeAnn,Debbie,Laurie) who had very similar happenings! but aren't you glad for all those (funny now) memories!
Gosh! I wish I had had a sister to fight with when I was growing up! also, to blame some of the things I did on! that way I didn't have to take all the blame by myself!
Will comment on DeDe's blog about some of the memories.
Love it!

Melissa said...

Now Crystal really . . . poor, exposed Lynette?? We all know Lynette isn't poor, and she has always been quite the little exhibitionist.

Rachel said...

Your comment about us being "big boned" made me remember the family pictures when the photographer asked for the two "big girls" to stand over here. He said he meant the older girls, but whatever...damage done. And remember when we lived together in how many different places--and you had to rearrange the furniture about every other day? Then there was the sad occassion when you got married & I was so sad because we had planned on getting old & living together & now I would be all alone. :) Good thing I found me a husband. :) :)

Grandma 'D' said...

Remember when we took you to college at uvsc. I was so sad, I thought I was losing you forever. And I was a little jealous that I never got to have those experiences. It was fun to see the fun my girls all had after they graduated. You always somehow seemed to end up together. I loved it and was so greatful that you all loved each other so much.....well most of the time.