Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Coupon Crazy Mama!









I got all wild and crazy clipping coupons and shopping this week's sale at Smith's today. I'm so proud of my "skills" that I just had to blog about it. Prepare to be impressed!
{yeah, I know, "wild and crazy" isn't the same thing that it was to me a few years ago. I guess I must be getting old. . . . }
Here's my grocery list run-down:
6 jumbo rolls of Brawny paper towel
7 asst. boxes of fruit snacks
2 boxes of cereal straws
1 big box of Rice Krispies
1 Welch's grape juice
1 big box of Carnation Instant Breakfast - I'm usually too cheap to buy this for Brian, but I had a $2.00 off coupon
2 boxes of granola bars
2 boxes of trash bags
1 gallon of milk
3 Clorox wipes
2 Lysol toilet cleaners
1 Clorox bleach
1 pkg. Blueberry muffin mix
3 pkg. Huggies baby wipes
3 to-go pkg. Huggies baby wipes
12 pack of Coke (free with coupon)
24 pack bottled water
carrots
nectarines
2 loaves of Granny Sycamore bread
1 pkg hamburger buns
2 pkg Keebler cookies
2 pkg cookie mix
1 pkg pasta
2 cans spaghettios
1 pkg of 4 rib eye steaks ($20.00)
WHEW!!!! I only spent $99.44. Can you believe it???? If you bought a combination of 10 certain items, you saved $5.00. I stocked up on a bunch of stuff, and saved $15.00. Then I clipped coupons and printed them online and saved $19.65. My fresh value card saved me another $55.35 (inc. the $15.00) for a total savings of $75.00. AND to top it off, I got my 15 cent fuel reward and my $10.00 "Baby Rewards) coupon. What a spectacular savings day at Smith's!
Click here, here, here, and here to print some coupons online. It's definitely worth your time! And if you go to http://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/Pages/default.aspx, you can actually upload coupons to your Fresh Values card and then you don't have to have the "paper" coupons. When you swipe your FV card, it automatically applies the coupon. Cool, huh? You guys didn't know that I could be so frugal!?
I'm going to go through this next week's sale ads, and I will try to blog about the biggest deals and where to find the best coupons.
Happy Saving!
{Brian is going to laugh his head off if he sees this post!}






6 pennies for your thoughts:

Grandma 'D' said...

I knew that all my hard work would pay off someday. You just don't know how proud you make me right now. Way to save money. You are a coupon clipper, cleaner commercial and frugal shopper. Now read all the sales papers and write a list of each of them. You will save twice as much! It gets in your blood. I know!!! I am a weirdo.....

Rachel said...

Wow--very impressive! And very much like mom. I love your household cleaning commercial blogs & now this grocery shopping coupon blog. Are you being a crazy cleaner too? Maybe you're nesting. I almost feel like nesting, then I think maybe I should just lay down & sleep & let mom nest. :)

Granny Annie said...

Hey! Good job! I'm really proud of you! Now, you have more money to spend on something more fun!
Love ya!

Granny Annie said...

Good job! Now, you can have the money you saved for something fun! We would all be rich if we didn't have to go to the grocery store Huh?

Granny Annie said...

Good work!!Now you can have the money you saved to buy gas and come to see us!
We would all be rich if we didn't have to go to the grocery store huh?

Nat Lud said...

You are hilarious! Isn't it amazing how 'excitement' changes through the years? I, too, love great deals but I'm too ADD or something to research it and follow through. You're a great example of saving money! My hubby would sure appreciate it if I followed your example . . . :)