Sunday, August 17, 2008

Brian's Archery Buck





I'm sure you all know that the world revolves around the 'hunts' at the Robertson house. Brian has been stressed out about when I'm going to have the baby because we need to work it out around the deer hunt (duh!). I've been stressed out because I'm worried he will want to be out hunting while I'm having the baby (go figure?). He wanted the doc to give us a date for the C-section two months ago so that we can plan accordingly. You know, there are three general deer seasons and a million elk seasons. If he had his way, he would hunt every one of them.

Anyway, it looks like he will be there when our new little one arrives. Hallelujah!!! He shot this big buck this morning. You can't really see, but it's a 4 x 6. It has two little cheaters on it's right side. Way to go, Brian! I'm happy for you, Neeley's happy, and I'm sure your unborn daughter will be happy when you are actually there to witness her birth!

3 pennies for your thoughts:

Granny Annie said...

Hey! Nice trophy! Neeley looks amazed, but it didn't take her long to get right into the excitement! After all she has been going with you and her Daddy looking for deer for sometime now!
I have to say: "Now I really know how these men are about hunting, but when it comes right down to the nitty-gritty and everything else fails!.... Brians girls are on the top of his priorities! He just doesn't want you to know it!" So you just have to play along with him! They like you to think they are the big honcho, but really are a softy. After 53 years it took me to figure out how to make everything seem like it was my husbands idea, when it was really mine. That's how you get your way! Gotta' be nice and butter them up, but don't make it too obvious!
Don't tell anyone!
Hope you are feeling alright Lissi!
I'm excited for the baby to get here.
Love ya!
Gram

Grandma 'D' said...

Hey Brian, your buck is nice, but Neeley is the biggest trophy in the pic. I love her little piggy tails. She is such a cutie.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I love how Brian won't look at the camera. And I second Grandma. As nice as that buck is, Neeley steals the show :)