Friday, February 27, 2009

50 and Fabulous!

I just want to post a few pictures of my sweet mom's 5oth Birthday Party. (Sorry it's so late, her birthday was on February 15th.)
WARNING: I might get all reminiscent and weepy and mushy, but I can't help it.

The Birthday Girl

Dustin and Jaxon

Emma, Aunt Mary Jo, Uncle Rodney, Mom, and Russell

Uncle Rodney and Jase
Brylen Jean

Nick and Kendra

Neeley and Me

Uncle Jeff, Grandpa Swede, Granny Annie, and Mom

Dad and Mom
So I have been trying to write a little tribute to my mom to tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me. Instead of a beautifully written letter, it has went something like this: type, type, type, cry, delete, sniff, sniff, type, cry, cry, sob, delete, sniff, wipe my snotty nose, type and delete some more... well , you get the picture.
I think of my mom, and all of the love and emotion I have for her just spills out my eyes... and runny nose, I guess. That's a whole lotta love, Momma!
Mom, I want to tell you how much I love you. 'Thank you' and 'I love you' seem so inadequate. The best tribute I can give, is to try to become the kind of mother you are and always have been. I love you and hope that I'm just as fabulous when I'm 50!

3 pennies for your thoughts:

Crystal said...

Aw, that was sweet Lissa. I would have to agree with everything you just said. We were really blessed with an incredible mom.

Granny Annie said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom!...feelings can't always come through words....but they are certainly felt!
My mom never told me she loved me.. until a few years before she left me!...but I know she loved me so much! Yep! now I am crying. God understands our tears and so do mother's!
You are a great mom and will be like your mother! I agree she is the best!
Love you!
Gram

Grandma 'D' said...

It is too late sis. Everytime I see you I see a little bit of me in you...mostyly good...some not so good. You are an awesome wife and mother and I would like to think that a little of that came from the way you were raised. I too have a great momma that taught me well and loved much. so Thank you from the bottom of my heart for those beautiful words and thoughts. I love you so much and am so blessed to have everything I need in my hubby and kids. (Well, except for diet coke and lays chips and chocolate.)