Sunday, June 8, 2008

More 'Happy Birthday' in Monticello

Brian has been working in Monticello and Blanding for the last month, so Neeley and I went down and stayed with him for a week. On Neeley's actual birthday, we went to dinner and then went fishing at a beautiful, little pond outside of Monticello. Neeley's "bad mama" left the camera at the motel, so I had to take these pictures with my phone. They're kinda crappy, but better than nothing.Brian was catching a trout with every cast. Neeley loved reeling them in, but wasn't so sure if she really wanted to touch them.
Nothing melts my heart like seeing Brian and Neeley enjoying "Daddy-Daughter" time. There is such a special bond between them, and I just love standing back and being a silent observer of this sweet relationship.
Miss Priss didn't want to actually touch the fish. I don't blame her - I think it's kinda gross myself. She eventually decided that the fish weren't so bad and wanted to kiss all of them before we put them back. She is such a sweet, little thing!




3 pennies for your thoughts:

Granny Annie said...

How precious! Daddy with his beautiful little girl! He looks so patient with his little helper....wish I was there to see them. I can just imagine her wanting to kiss the fishy's before putting them back. She is a lucky little girl to have such a patient daddy.
Thanks for sharing.
Love and miss you all.

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Thos pictures are priceless. There is just something about a daddy and his little girl :) Here's to hopin' we get one someday!

Grandma 'D' said...

o.k she is a doll, seriously every picture tell a story itself....maybe one day grandma can teach her how to gut a fish, I'm pretty good you know.