Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Update

So Baby Brylen won't be making her debut this week. I went to my appointment yesterday, and my doctor sent me right down to the hospital for some blood work and monitoring. He even went as far as to say (and I quote), "I'm going to send you to the hospital, and maybe we'll have a baby by tomorrow night." A little advice to the dear doc . . . never, and I mean never give a hormonal, fat, swollen, tired pregnant woman false hope! Anyway, we went down to Mountain View Hospital in Payson at about 3:30 pm and didn't get to leave until 8:30 pm. My wonderful mother-in-law drove over and took Neeley to McDonald's. We even had her bring our bags 'just in case'. Sorry, Annie!
So here I sit, still fat and prego and emotional. I go again on Monday, so maybe next week. Patience never was my virtue.

6 pennies for your thoughts:

Granny Annie said...

My precious little "Pregnant" grandaughter!....I really do feel for you! And don't let anyone tell you that you forget about it after it's over! Wrong!!! my baby would be 45 years old and your darn rights I remember everyone of them! (All five) I know they have more to help you with the birth now, but the misery just before labor hasn't changed! I wouldn't change having them for anything though!
Love you Sweetie....will pray for your comfort and hope it will all happen soon! I want to welcome that precious baby Brylen and for Neeley, to finally have her little baby sister!
Love you and miss you all!
Granny

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Hang in there tough sister...to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Yeah, I didn't think it would make you feel better, but it sounds good :) And don't worry, I still love you even though you're super fat and hormonal...he, he, he

Steph said...

Poor Melissa! I never could wait, I drank castor oil for crying out loud! NO One ever try that, trust me! I feel so bad for you. But when baby Brylen arrives it will be well worth it and in two months you will have forgotten how miserable you were.

The Bratt Family said...

Melissa, what a wonderful mother you are!!! I think that your little girl is so darling! I always knew that you would make a great mom! We are here for a life time of free baby sitting. ( I kinda owe you). Come and see us any time. Love ya Liz

Natalee and Randy said...

Melissa-
This is Natalee (Tait) Hardy... and I have made my rounds to almost every one of your family's blogs... I just have to say, I feel for you. The dr's should know better than to give a pregnant lady false hope! I experienced the same thing--- 5 times! I had toxemia, and starting at 34 weeks, my doc kept telling me if I could make it "a few more days..."- they would induce me. That went on for 4 weeks. It is frustrating! Hang in there! Although... you've probably had your baby by now since I am posting this late :) Can't wait to see some pictures.

Natalee and Randy said...

PS-- very cute family! Your little girl is so sweet! :)