Thursday, May 8, 2008

Real Piggytails! Hooray!

I was finally able to get Neeley's hair pulled up into two real piggytails, and believe me, it wasn't an easy task. She has the finest, blondest hair and it has taken forever to grow!
She didn't want to pose for a picture, so I had to settle for her taking a picture of me taking a picture of her (?).
Do you remember when you were a little girl, and your mom would put your hair in piggytails? Well, let me tell you my memories of piggytails. My mom, my wonderful, sweet mom, would part our hair down the middle as hard as she could. I think that it was so hard that the comb would scratch our heads and we would bleed . . . OK, maybe we didn't bleed, but I'm sure it left a mark. Anyway, then she would flip us with the comb if we wouldn't hold still. And the best part was when they were so tight that they pulled your eyes all the way to your ears. I'm sorry I had to share that story about piggytail torture, Mom. (he,he)

I can't believe my sweet, little baby is already big enough to have piggytails (and NO I didn't draw blood or flip her with the comb). These last couple of weeks, it seems like she has grown up so much! She jabbers non-stop and says the funniest things. She repeats everything I say (scary) and picks up on everything she hears on TV. I guess it's a good thing we watch Disney 24-7.

Neeley has been saying "shut-up" and "stupid" a lot lately. She slaps her head and says," stupid, stupid." We blamed "stupid" on Uncle Nils, but I found out the other day that she picked it up on "Meet the Robinson's". There's a part of the movie where the grown-up "Goob" slaps his head and says, "stupid, stupid, stupid." Sorry Nilsy!

And that brings up a sore subject. Nils. I'm crying just thinking about him. He left us and went to Jackson, Wyoming to work. It has been so nice to have him here these last two years. That's all I want to say about that, or else I will be crying the rest of the day.

4 pennies for your thoughts:

Grandma 'D' said...

Really Melissa? Blood? I don't remember that. I do remember the comb flippin though. All you had to do was hold still. Was that too much to ask? Darling piggytails on little Neeley. About Nils....I cry too.
Luv ya...MOM

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Love the new post, but love the piggytails better :) Neeley is so darn cute. As for Nilsy Poo, he was suppose to move to Cedar--Jase is quite upset! BTW, where are the trailer pictures?

Crystal said...

And you wonder where I get my sensitive head from. Hello - I had more hair than all of you put together. That's probably why it hurt me way more than all of you. Anyway - cute piggy's! She gets cuter everytime I see her.

Crystal said...

I know that you've had more excitement going on than piggy tails, even though that is pretty exciting stuff. I would love to read a new post.