Wednesday, June 3, 2009

When I Get Big








Ask Neeley why she wants to grow bigger, and you will get the same answer every time: "So I can use scissors." I didn't know that scissors were such a milestone, but apparently, they are. We've been staying with Brian in Delta, and we have to get pretty creative to keep from going crazy in the trailer. Sooooooo, I finally broke down and bought Neeley her very own pair of scissors (safety ones, of course).
Brylen has a hard time napping in the trailer, so she had finally gone to sleep and I wanted Neeley to be quiet. I broke out the scissors. Well, I should be careful what I wish for, because I didn't hear a peep out of Neeley for almost 2 hours. Finally, after cutting a million pieces of construction paper into confetti, she sighed and said, "Mom, this is making me really tired" and then went back to snipping away. She kept cutting for 20 more minutes. Then the scissors broke. I swear I could smell smoke.


5 pennies for your thoughts:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Jase has a scissor fetish too. Here's to sticking w/ paper and avoiding "at home" hair cuts. By the way, your girls are gorgeous...as if you didn't know.

Rachel said...

This one is really making me laugh. She's such a funny little girl! Who knew you were all grown up when you get to use scissors? Hahahaha!!! And all that cutting would make me tired, too. But my favorite is the poor little smoking scissors breaking when they could take no more. :) She is so cute!

Crystal said...

You mean "thitherth"? lol

Melissa said...

thmoking thitherthz, Aunt Crythtal!

Crystal said...

poor kid--I hope her Mom jumped right up & bought 2 new pair A.S.A.P!!