Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just Us Girls . . . .

For those of you that don't know, Brian has been in Louisiana for almost two weeks now bringing the power back to those that lost it due to Hurricane Gustav. So far he's been in LaFayette, Baton Rouge, and Marksville. He says that the destruction is like nothing he's ever seen before - and 'Gustav' didn't do nearly as much damage as past hurricanes. Anyway, today he's on his way to Houston to start rebuilding the power lines there.

It feels like he's been gone forever!!!! I'm not really very good at being a 'single' mom and being pregnant, and Neeley is totally missing her Daddy! Thank heavens it's only temporary! Hopefully he will be back before Brylen decides to make her debut! I'm almost 34 weeks, so the countdown is on!

I am so blessed to be surrounded by family here. My in-laws totally take care of me (and I mean TOTALLY!!), and I have Russell, Steph, and Nilsy here to help . . . not to mention all of my wonderful friends! I honestly don't know what I would do if I was an 'army wife' or a real 'single mom'. Life is good, and I am so thankful for all that I have - especially my little Neeley Bug! She is such a little firecracker and always keeping me on my toes.

So for now it's just us girls, and we're counting the days until Brian makes it home safely.

2 pennies for your thoughts:

Granny Annie said...

You are so unselfish Melissa....I know how hard it must be for you right now!
It is wonderful you have your brothers and sisters there for you and Brian's family.....we all know it doesn't take the place of your hubby! But what a blessing they are to you!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Hope Brian plans on picking me up a souvenir...everything's bigger in Texas, so I'll take a diamond. Really, I'm almost done unpacking, so I'll come visit soon (but I don't snuggle).